Our UPS Audit & Recovery Process
Sync With UPS Billing Center
Once we’re connected to your UPS account, we’ll begin scanning each line item to identify eligible refunds according to the terms of UPS’s service guarantee. It only takes a few minutes to get set up!
Identify Service Failure Errors and Late Shipments
Our UPS audit software checks each UPS package for multiple points of service failure. These include late UPS package deliveries, invalid surcharges, duplicate charges, and more.
Refunds Are Credited to Your UPS Shipping Account
We submit UPS shipment refund claims on your behalf and credit funds directly back into your UPS shipping account. Shipware manages 100% of this incorrect charge process, and no work is required on your end.
Why Should Shipware Audit My UPS Invoices?
UPS shipping carrier invoices are loaded with billing errors. Depending on your usage ratio of UPS Ground to Express services, anywhere from 1% to 5% of your carrier invoices may be refund eligible based on UPS’s service guarantee.
Trying to manually scan invoices line-by-line and identify all possible overcharges, then file refund claims one-by-one for each of them is not only tedious and time-consuming but nearly impossible to do so accurately.
Shipware’s UPS audit software manages 100% of this process for you, while being fully automated.
The logistics and supply chain industry is dynamic, and logistics teams are constantly confronting new challenges and issues. As a result, priorities might shift, and you may not have time to audit your UPS shipping carrier invoices within the 15-day window that UPS allows, forever losing out on potentially thousands of dollars.
Our UPS parcel audit software is dedicated to only one thing, refund claims and charge corrections. Free up personnel hours and claim 100% of eligible refunds, rain or shine.
Manually scanning invoices, it may be relatively easy to catch some late shipments and file refund claims for them. But, there’s more to auditing than spotting a late delivery. Eligible refunds include duplicate charges, invalid address correction fees, incorrect residential surcharge fees, incorrect DIM weight charges, missing proof of delivery, and more.
Not to mention, not all shipments that appear to be refund eligible during a manual audit, in fact, are eligible. UPS’s money-back guarantee has a number of stated exceptions like weather delays and adult signature required. Shipware’s UPS audit software will save you the time and hassle of incorrectly filing claims.
When you audit your UPS invoices with Shipware, you gain access to our online parcel portal, where your data is transformed into dynamic charts, graphs, and reports to provide your team with actionable insights.
Our easy-to-use portal will help you manage your UPS overhead, identify cost-saving opportunities, and address issues such as misaligned service discounts, high surcharge fees (such as the UPS shipping charge correction, residential surcharge fee, and additional handling fees).
Businesses that partner with Shipware average 21.5% savings on annual shipping costs
Whether they spend $100 million or fifty thousand per year on shipping, Shipware has helped businesses across all sizes and industries cut costs and spend smarter.
What we learned after working with Shipware is that the confidentiality provision in carrier pricing agreements is a well thought-out strategy to prevent shippers from understanding the rates and terms of other shippers since we can’t disclose rates. The Shipware process allowed us to better understand the discounts and concessions we were entitled to without any breach in terms with our delivery partners.
VP of Supply Chain, AutomotiveDetroit MI
We used to use a broker for our LTL shipments. In theory, it’s a good concept: benefit with deeper discounts by aggregating volume from hundreds of other shippers. However, after working with Shipware, we learned that we could avoid huge broker markups and reduce our LTL costs by forging direct relationships with the carriers. We are saving 18% with the same high-quality LTL providers we had been using previously, and as we grow, WE benefit with even higher discounts – and not the broker. We’re also using Shipware’s TMS to identify the right carriers for the right loads for better time in transit at lower costs. I’ll never use a broker again.
Dir of Transportation, Consumer ProductsCarlsbad CA
I’m not new to logistics. Been at my job nearly two decades, and I’ve worked with 4-5 parcel invoice audit companies during my career. Shipware’s audit is hands down the best. It delivers significantly greater savings week in and week out, and their spend management reports and portal are tools I actually use to improve my business.
President, AutomotiveSan Diego CA
Frequently Asked Questions
- Services Without a Guaranteed Delivery Date: Some services provided by UPS, like SurePost, may not come with a guaranteed delivery time. As a result, these services do not qualify for a refund if the package is delivered late. However, they can still be audited for other billing errors such as duplicate charges.
- Shipments Sent Through an Agreement With a Guaranteed Service Refund Waiver: Some shipping agreements include a GSR waiver that prohibits the UPS customer from claiming refunds on late deliveries. If you’re unsure if you have a waiver in place, read through your carrier agreement or speak to your carrier representative. If you have a GSR waiver in place, unfortunately you can’t claim late delivery refunds, but you can still audit your invoices for billing errors as you can with non-guaranteed services like SurePost.
- Unforeseen Circumstances: If a shipment it late due to an event beyond UPS's control, such as unforeseeable weather conditions or calamities, it may not eligible for a refund.
- Shipments With Errors on the Shipper or Receiver Side: There are some scenarios where an error is made on the shipper side, such as labeling the package with an incorrect address, incorrectly sending a UPS 2nd Day Air A.M®. Package to a residential address, and shipping a package that exceeds UPS’s maximum size and weight limits, that will make the delivery ineligible for a service refund. Additionally, if the receipient refuses delivery or a change of delivery address is requested, the package will not be eligible for a refund.
- Suspension of the Service Refund: UPS can, at any time, suspend or modify it’s service guarantee, or change the guaranteed time-in-transit, for any and all services for any period of time at its sole discretion.
Start Auditing Your Carrier Invoices Today!
Please provide us with some additional information about your business.